The Largest Triad-Area Breweries
Last month we did a list of the largest breweries in the Triangle, according to the Triangle Business Journal. This month we now picked up info from the Triad Business Journal on the largest breweries in the Winston-Salem-Greensboro area. Just like our last blog, the breweries are ranked by the number of beer barrels produced in 2016.
So without further adieu, here's the breakdown – starting from 15 and working our way to the number 1 position. Wise Man Brewing, who is a popular destination in Winston made the list as "Note Rated" since they officially opened this year.
An interesting tidbit is that the Triangle's 18th ranked brewery, Bond Brothers Beer Company, ties the 4th largest brewery in the Triad at 1,200 barrels produced last year.
15. Kernersville Brewing Co.: 66
14. Small Batch Brewing Co.: 300
13. Skull Camp Brewery: 350
12. Pig Pounder Brewery: 650
11. Brown Truck Brewery: 650
10. Hoots Roller Bar and Beer Co.: 700
9. Liberty Brewery & Grill: 750
8. Four Saints Brewing Co.: 787
7. Preyer Brewing Co.: 800
6. Gibb's Hundred Brewing Co.: 917
5. Joymongers Brewing Co.: 1,160
4. Haw River Farmhouse Ales: 1,200
3. Natty Greene's Brewing Co.: 11,000
2. Red Oak Brewery: 23,000
1. Foothills Brewing: 40,295
SOURCE: Triad Business Journal